Friday, January 23, 2009

seventh week celebration

My dearest Elle,

Today you are 7 weeks old. These have been the craziest 7 weeks of my life, no doubt the craziest you’ve ever experienced as well. You are growing so strong and as of your last doctor’s appointment, 2 weeks ago, you weighed 9lbs 3 oz, and measured 21 ¾ inches long, putting you in the 50th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height. You are long and lean, just like a Johnson.

From my perspective you are an angel baby only crying when you are tired, hungry, over stimulated, have gas, or in need of a diaper change. You sleep excellently, loving your 10:30am and 1:30pm nap time and sleeping very well through the night about 7 hours. It’s not your fault I’m tired all the time – my internal clock just has not reset itself allowing me to go back to sleep after the 1am, 2am, or 3am feedings. You certainly are a party girl loving those early morning feedings.



You bring so much joy to many people from your daddy and me to your aunts, uncles, grandparents, and great grandparents. What a gift you truly are.


I can’t wait to watch you continue to grow, loving every time you share your smiles and giggles with me, although you don’t give them too freely yet. I'm ready for the day when you can’t help but to smile. My prayer for you, my daughter, is that you come to know Jesus as your Savior early in life, have a life-long love of learning, laughing, giving, loving others, and that you marry a man that loves you like your daddy loves me.






In honor of your 49th day, I’ve made a list of 49 things I love about you, but I’ll only share the top 7 since you are just 7 weeks old:

1) I ate too much smile
2) The feel of your head against my cheek
3) After bath fuzzy hair
4) Named after my beloved grandmother
5) How much your daddy JP loves you!
6) Your baby smell
7) At 3am, when you are crying for food, once I walk in the room and pick you up, you stop crying because you know I’ll take care of you.

Can't wait for the next 49 days (hopefully you'll sleep from 7pm-7am then!)

Love you forever,
Mommy



5 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blog World, Mindy!!! You are an awesome writer - as I can attest to having just read all of your posts in one sitting. I must come over and squeeze that girl soon!! She is just precious! Greg forgot to mention to me that John was at the Championship game - so sorry about that loss, it must have been hard for Elle especially. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post Mindo! I am DYING to meet Elle. If she's like the other Johnsons, I know I'm going to love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blog land!! I can't believe that Elle is already sleeping 7 hours at night!! That's awesome. Harper is almost 5 months old and still not doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy, this is adorable and SO sweet! I can't wait to see you and this precious little gal.
    Lauren Park

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy do you know how to bring on the tears! That was a beautiful letter!

    ReplyDelete