Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dear Old Gamma Phi


Daily, Elle is the honored guest for several private concerts. I’ve told her all about me and some moments I just run out of things to talk about (and I don’t think she wants to hear about QuickBooks). I sing to her all sorts of songs like When we all get to Heaven, Amazing Grace, Ice Ice Baby, Lavendar Blue, and my favorite songs to sing are old Gamma Phi Beta songs. Last week Aunt Rebecca came by and we talked about how sweet some of those songs are.

Here are my favorite GPhi songs to sing to her.

To you my love, I’m offering my heart,
you know your momma Mindy has loved you from the start.
No words can ever express, how much you mean to me,
the time will never come when you will cease to be my heart’s desire,
the one that I adore, the one that fate has always meant me for.
Through happiness or storm or stride, I love you darling all my life.

And this song is a perfect lullaby

Good night, good night little Ellie,
till we meet in the land of dreams.
Neath the crescent moon day will come too soon,
and in the pale moon bean.
Good night good night, little Ellie,
slumber on till the dawn is nigh
Send a prayer up above for the one that you love, good night good night Ellie-Belle.

Speaking of Gamma Phi, Elle is very excited about meeting all you gals in March and I can't wait to give Lindsay, Lauren, Abi, Kodi, Marcie and everyone else a big hug!

2 comments: