Sunday, July 5, 2009

Seaside – First Pittman family vacation

The travel bug got the best of me. I loaded up JP and Elle on the smallest airplane I’ve ever been on and made the trip to Seaside, Florida. This was my first trip to Seaside. It came highly recommend from my friend Abi who proclaims, “I want all my girlfriends to honeymoon in Seaside” and my sister JoDee who babymooned there and loved it so much she returned two years later with our parents and her daughter, Georgia.


Now that I have spent 5 nights (not nearly long enough) at Seaside, which is where the Truman Show was filmed, I can understand all the hype. It’s a great place – especially when one of your traveling companions insists on taking 3 naps a day. Next time we travel to Seaside we’ll plan on going for 7 nights and bringing my mother and dad – sometimes a mommy wants to stay out past 8pm!


Highlights of the trip:
-Elle in her baby swimsuit mock crawling in the sand
-Celebrating JP’s first Father’s Day
-Spinnaker house (Our adorable 3-bedroom bungalow)
-Cool evenings sitting on the beach with Elle as the Gulf waves washed up on us
-The Yummy yummy Modica Market
-Elle eating sand
-A surprise visit with Aunt Linda, Uncle Curt, Chris, Amy, and their families
-Elle’s first swim
-JP’s Great Southern steak and Gouda cheese grits
-Elle’s first airplane flight
-Watching (while Elle napped) team USA beat Spain
-All the walks Elle and I took through the adorable neighborhood



I cannot think of a better place to holiday with small children than Seaside, Florida and hopefully we will return often.






3 comments:

  1. What a great update. And man - all those pics are to die for, but especially the first one. Elle is such a happy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you go, Georgia and I are coming along! That beach looks like way too much fun to miss ever again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I am coming too! I am craving Seaside in the worst way.

    ReplyDelete