Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rocky Top, you'll always be home sweet home to me

When I was growing up, every summer and every-other-Christmas my family would make the drive down I-40 to a small town just outside of Knoxville, TN called Clinton to visit my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I have such lovely memories of my family time and all the love that was showered on us when we visited. Since my grandparents passed away 6 years ago, I’ve only been back once, and have really missed being there.

When Elle was born I told her I wanted to introduce her to her Tennessee great-grandparents Byron and Muriel Johnson. July 9-12 I introduced her to them as bestasI could. All of Byron Trent and Muriel’s family joined together for a family reunion. There were 26 of us in total!


We had a great time visiting with the family and the extended family, hugging Unlce Roni, eating at Hoskins and Big Ed’s, visiting Granny and Papa, and spending time at Chris, Barbara, Hunter, and Oliver’s house.



We love Tennessee and our family! My sister JoDee put it the best, “Our Tennessee trip felt like one giant hug!”






1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great time! nothing like time with family outside the big city. i have been missing you - we must get together soon!

    ReplyDelete