Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Beaba Baby Cook

I love to cook. I love to make delicious meals that make my audience’s taste buds explode with flavor! So you can imagine my disappointment, last May, when my darling Elle took the first bite of her homemade pureed zucchini and wondered why I was trying to poison her. I love zucchini and thought it tasted delicious. We struggled through the zucchini and graduated onto baby’s first peas. She gave me that same “how can you do this to me” look. This time I agreed – I hate peas in all shapes and forms – but enjoyed her reaction so much that I continued to feed her. It was hilarious! Elle shuddered with each bite and finally in protest rubbed the peas all over her pretty hair and beautiful face. Luckily I caught it all on camera!

Sweet potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, and winter squash have all been met with love and joy. Asparagus brought the same panged expressions as the peas and zucchini. Three weeks ago I reintroduced zucchini and peas, and my darling’s taste buds must have matured, because the girl loved the zucchini, and will tolerate the peas, but doesn’t ask for more.

Last week we finished round two of asparagus, but this time I added basil and a bit of butter and my girl can’t get enough of fancy asparagus! The two meats we’ve tried are ground turkey and lamb. She dislikes both of them, but is okay if I mix them both with finely pureed apples and pears.

On the fruit front she has eaten apples, bananas, pears, blueberries, cheeries and peaches. All but the peaches tickle her taste buds – but I will have to say, this is one sour batch of peach puree. Hopefully I can find some sweeter ones that will help her cultivate a lifelong love of peaches – like I have. *


I prepare all these delicious meals with the Beaba Baby Cook. I love it! It is a steamer and food processor in one. My only complaint is that all the parts have to be hand washed, and like I mentioned before, I love to cook, not to clean. Besides the cleaning part, and that it is a bit smaller than I'd like for it to be, the Beaba Baby Cook is great. It makes me feel so holistic and granola! Three stars and cheers for the Beaba Baby Cook!
*Since I wrote this blog, I’ve tried peaches again, only this time I let them ripen to pure sweetness. This gal has a sweet tooth just like her momma and loved those peaches!




1 comment: